What are you doing back here?

What are you doing back here?  They continued to ask me.  You see normally I am someone who will ride at the front of the group.  I don't typically like others in front of me and I surely don't enjoy being passed by other riders.  But all I hear in my head recently is my coach drilling EASY and PACE.  So that is what I set myself up to do.  I knew that if I put myself in the back I would be less tempted to break away with the attacks of the front riders and for the most part it worked.  Until somehow I ended up in the front again.  Not exactly sure how it happened but it did.  I did fall into the trap a few times taking the challenge of some attacks.  Overall though, I think I behaved myself pretty well.  And I came out of the ride better than expected.  So riding easier is stronger.  Who would have thought.

With the heat wave we have been having recently I'm still working on figuring out my fluid intake situation.  At moment I'm finding myself needing to ration what I do have on me so as not to run out, which in of itself is not a good scenario either.  Currently I'm carrying about 60 oz of fluids for a  standard 2 hour ride.  Although considering doubling that as the days are getting hotter.  This year the weather has jumped from winter straight into summer.  So has left my body no time to acclimate to the warmer temperatures.  Last 3 rides have averaged 85-90 degrees. 


Comments

Popular Posts